Since 1983, the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Disease Surveillance, Department of Health and Human Services has organized an annual infectious disease conference targeting public health issues of emerging concern to medical practitioners throughout the state. Presentation topics will focus on a range of infectious diseases.
DATE: November 14, 2018
LOCATION: Augusta Civic Center, Augusta, ME
7:45 - Participant and Exhibitor Registration Poster Set-up
8:15 - Welcome
8:30 - Top 10 - Updates and Epidemiolog and STDs - Dr. Katherine Hsu, MD, MPH, FAAP
10:45 - Break / Visit Exhibits & Posters
11:00 - Antibiotic Stewardship - Minkey Wungwattana, PharmD, BCPS-AQ ID
12:00 - Lunch & Pump Handle Awards, Visit Exhibitors & Posters
1:15 - Infectious Disease Hazards of Occupational and Recreational Needle Use - Panel Discussion
2:15 - Tuberculosis Diagnosis - Prevention and Treatment - Elizabeth A. Talbot, MD
3:15 - Break / Visit Exhibits & Posters
3:30 - What About Rabies? - Rachel Fiske, DVM
4:30 - Adjourn
Please check the event website for agenda updates and additional speaker information.
- Nurse Continuing Education
- Continuing Medical Education
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Academy Family Physicians Continuing Education
- Pharmacy Continuing Education
- General Continuing Education
- Healthcare Providers - Immunization Program Staff, Clinicians, Hospital & Nursing Leaders, Health Policy Makers, Public Health Workers, Healthcare Administrators, Infection Control Practitioners, Pharmacists and Laboratorians.
- Medical Office Staff - Practice Managers, Nurses, Case Managers, Medical Assistants, Health Educators, Pharmacy and Laboratory Staff.
- Others interested in emerging infectious diseases of public health significance including public health educators, partners in public health, and students of public health, nursing or medicine.