Membership in the MMA-MSS is open to all medical student members of the Maine Medical Association who are enrolled at Tufts University School of Medicine-Maine Track (TUSM) or University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM). There are no dues charged to be a member of the MMA as a student or to join the Medical Student Section.
The purpose of the MMA-MSS is to:
Provide a policy forum for the student members of MMA-MSS.
Encourage and support student member involvement in legislative matters affecting all aspects of the medical field, including authoring of resolutions and/or participating in advocacy.
- Unite in purpose with school medical student chapters in Maine, as well as the physician components of the American Medical Association and Maine Medical Association, where common interests are served.
MSS 2018 EXECUTIVE BOARD
APPLICATION DEADLINE FRIDAY, APRIL 13
Apply now for 2018 Medical Student Section Executive Board positions
To apply, send an email to Susan Kring at the Maine Medical Association with your name, school and graduation year, the position you are interested in applying for, and a short description of your interest in the position and the MMA-MSS. Please contact Sue at 480-4790 if you have questions. Application deadline is Friday, April 13 2018.
- TUSM-Maine Track and UNECOM Co-Chairs
- Membership Chair
- Community Service Chair
- Legislative Advisor
- At-large voting members: 4 each from UNECOM and TUSM-Maine Track
- Maine At Large Officer for American Medical Association MSS Region 7
Board members will serve through January 2019.
For more information about the MMA-MSS, contact:
Susan Kring, Outreach Director & Grants Manager
Maine Medical Association
Join the MMA-MSS!
Click here to sign up for the MMA-MSS and complete a short survey to let us know your interests and how you want to be involved with the MMA and the MSS.
Save the Date: Monday, May 7th from 6-8pm - MMA-MSS meeting at the Clarion Hotel in Portland. RSVP info coming soon
- MMA-MSS Executive Board members
- AMA National Community Service Project
- Meeting schedule
- Upcoming events